Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

I got to drive "Monty" around the yard...Fun Experience!!

Well today before I started to degrease the engine I opened the workshop door and with the sun out for just a short time I had my first drive, the starter motor is causing a good few problems which will be sorted out in good time and we finally got "Monty" going again and with the tyres now pumped up it was time to venture outside.
Off we went around the yard, 1st gear and then into 2nd sorry but there was no room for the 3rd and final gear and then around I went again but this time on the second lap when I went to turn the wooden steering wheel a peice of it broke off in my hand and then another, where's power steering when ya need it..so there you go, I final got to drive him after 40 yrs of wondering and now I am looking for a new wooden Chev steering wheel amougst some another things.
Anyway I backed him in the workshop and rolled up my sleeves for a  few hours of cleaning.
Tomorrow I am going to roll it over the service pit in the workshop and attack the underside of it and blow all the 80yr old dried mud off  the brakes and chassis and spray it up with some W40 and get some grease into all the grease nibbles....

Have a look at the video attached

No comments:

Post a Comment