Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Now here's a little cute ute

I was woken early Sunday morning with the rain pouring down on the verandah tin roof, "Oh shit" I thought as the local swap meet was on early this morning in Trafalgar as over the last couple of years rain has done it's very best to cancel this event and this looked like another one to be called off, so I dozed back off to sleep for a while but come 6.30am the rain had stopped, the sun came out and it got muggy quickly, so at 9am I was in my old Toyota ute for the short trip over to the recreation reserve where a large amount of people had gathered and it looked like I great turnout of all sorts of vehicles and stall holders but it was this little very original 1920's-1930's Ford ute that caught my eye straightaway, left hand drive, surface rust paintwork with signage still on the door... Now I have heard about this vehicle on the grape vine and the story is a local bloke imported it from New York City a few years back in "as is" condition and with it lined up along side all the shiny restored cars it was by far the nicest in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment