Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Some more cleaning and sorting

Well today the startor motor was deliveried back to me after a little overhaul and it was reinstalled straight back onto the motor afterwork tonight before I misplace it somewhere and then I unscrewed the old original fuel vacuum tank and disconnected it off the firewall along with the pipes and started to pull it apart carefully as I went.
The lower pipes which connect near the lower section of the tank and the shutoff tap was completely blocked up with crap and the cork gasket was all there, in one peice but very brittle, this I will replace and use as a template to cut a new gasket myself.
I got the air compressor working and blew out all the rubbish that was blocking the pipes and cleaned everything up with some W40, the inside of the vacuum tank was relatively good for its age and will clean up fine but still needs a fair bit of elbow grease.
I have to now look up some techincal info on the internet for the vac tank and its more detailed bits just to see what the hell is going on when it is all working.
My next thing will be to remove the fuel tank and give it a good hot water pressure clean out then blow it with compressed air and then let it hang in the shed for a few weeks to dry out, this is what i do with my old BMW bike tank once a year and it is like new on the inside after 30 years..
Hopefully my new spark plugs and carbie refresh kit from the USA will be here soon...Waiting! Waiting!.
Cheers for now


Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment