Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Well I degreased it 4 times and look what I found

This weekend my son Codi and I had planned to have a weekend away camping on the old BMW bike up to "Sheep yard flats" right at the foot of Mount Buller in Victoria and catch up with some other fellas who all ride older style 70's & early 80's BMW bikes but the weather turned out really wet and we called it off, so it was to the shed I went for about 4 hours and scrubbed up the motor on "Monty".
I think there was 82 years of grimes on that motor and after 4 lots of degreaser and high pressure air I got it looking really nice to a point where you could see all the brass/copper little oil pipes with their nuts and thread all shiney around the botton of the engine, the engine block itself was a deep darkish green/grey colour and I also found the engine number stamped on the side of the block....




The 4 hours went so quickly, I got covered in grease, dirt and had a great time but my next purchase is a good pair of  blue overalls as Lisa was not to please with the dirty clothes......
This photo was taken after the 3rd round of degreaser had been completed....

No comments:

Post a Comment