Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Early Morning Motoring!!

 
It's 6.30am on a cold, overcast Saturday morning and we are up nice and to bloody early thanks to our new puppy "Bella", no she is a lovely dog, just joking, so I went out to the shed and fired up the Chev then let him sit there warming up while I shifted my work ute, with the driveway all clear, Bella sitting beside me on the old wire bench seat looking worried "help" and hopefully the neighbours still asleep I drove out onto the street, checked for cars and then pushed down the throttle to the old wooden floor, this time he took off and went through the gears just great, now I thought last time I done this a few weeks back he was running good but now with those "top end" misses and stumbles all gone due to the choke not closing properly it is a different car altogether to drive and when you select 3rd gear, push down the throttle it is smooth & nice to roll off, (the tyres are still lumpy though) but the motor is smooth I mean.....
With a few runs up and down the street on this brisk early morning, not a car in site and by now Bella looking not so concerned and enjoying the fumes I came back to the shed and parked him up.
I am starting to get to know this old car mechanically,  but I also don't want to wear my luck out running it up and down the street to often..


.




Anyway all good for now

No comments:

Post a Comment