Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Resto: Diff centre cover removed

After dinner tonight I went to remove the 10 bolts from the diff centre cover and then the diff cover itself was slowly removed and once again the old original gasket was very brittle which is what I am finding with all these 83yr old gaskets but I will remove and clean that all up after I leave the whole thing drip out for a few days as once again it contained the thickest, stickiest chocolate brown coloured oil just like the gearbox had
I have ordered various new gaskets, wheel bearings and seals from the USA so I have about 2 weeks to give the chassis, brakes and diff a very good clean and polish then all the new goodies can be installed back on the car..



Just another thing to tick off the long list of must do jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment