Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Resto: This Sunday is on the tools

We have a big day planned on the tools this Sunday with my mate Ray driving out from Melbourne for an early start in the resto shed to give me a helping hand and show me what to do in regards to the dismantling of the rear diff and axles, cleaning all the internals, reinstalling new seals and bearings and then after that refitting new brake bands and linings back onto all four wheels which should give us a complete rolling chassis ready for some paint and then the bodywork resto can begin in a few weeks.....hopefully.
BTW it is not as straight forward as it sounds either because as you make your way from job to job you become aware of all these other little things that need attention also which can then slow up progress altogether but this restoration that I started was and is a big learning curve and also a very good life teacher of one's ability when thrown completely out of their comfort zone and it is doing that to me I must admit.....but I would be lost without the help and guidance of a few people and extremely helpful Chevrolet websites dotted around this globe.. Thanks again folks and I will add photos Sunday night.






No comments:

Post a Comment