Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

New Upholstery Installed.... Fantastic

Gidday,

Well all that hard work over the last 18 months was bloody worth it, as today when I walked into Grant Whites Auto Upholstery workshop and stood there looking at my old ratty Chev, to me it looked a million dollars, what a fantastic job Grant had done, down to the finest detail and the matt black material looked just spot on, so right, a little used, a little lived in.... Love it.



I wont bore you on this post with boring dribble as images will tell a much better story so here are some photos over the last 2 weeks as I left Grant a camera to capture the moments as he went about his business of fitting a new interior to Monty.

















My good friend Ray Dean who I have this restoration to thank, cheers mate




And when I got back home I took some more from in the resto shed.











I seen this rear cover in an American Chevrolet magazine and decided that since I am not getting a hood made for sometime as I like the feel of the wind in my hair that it was a good idea to have it  made up while it was in the upholstery shop, to protect the back seat and carpet from the sun and weather but also hide luggage and gear from prying eyes when parked in the street...



Anyway there you have it folks, another step taken towards finishing this old car and next it will be off for a roadworthy certificate and then full rego papers by the end of October..

Thanks for taking an interest.




1 comment:

  1. Wow! This Chevy is practically a vintage! Well, a vintage car like this definitely needs a restoration to bring back its beauty. The new upholstery absolutely looks incredible. The rusty exterior is almost unnoticeable with the new seats. Kudos to you, Grant! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete